This video confirms what I have suspected for some time. Jacinda Adern is partially unsupported by the army and police but she has much bigger bosses and people in the movement need to know they have bigger enemies than the police.
Police from China, anyone?
Message for NZ Protestors, Gov buying time, watch your 6 #Wellingtonprotest
Just because Jacinda Ardern said she we need to “Talk” with the protestors doesn’t mean that anything will come from it.
The NZ Government is buying Time. Based on what has already rolled out in Canada and don’t for a minute think it couldn’t happen in super chill peaceful NZ.
You ALL need to be very aware of the possibility of anything happening when you least expect it.
Overnight, the police put in concrete blocks to keep traffic away from the streets around Parliament. Some people (I suspect, Counterspin) have made accusations against Chantelle and are talking about under-the-table negotiations
Here is some mainstream livestream
AWE NEWS MORNING UPDATE
Concrete blocks continue to be delivered and put in place around Camp Freedom.
Is this traffic management or an attempt to disrupt supply lines to the camp?
Protestors can come and go on foot as there are still gaps between the blocks.
Reports saying supplies will not be disrupted. Food deliveries will still be given access & toilets will be cleaned.
Vehicles will be given the freedom to leave but not re-enter.
(Counterspin, via Telegram)
Police make several arrests during ‘traffic management operation’
Several people have been arrested in as police moved to block off streets, reinforcing the perimeter around the protest at Parliament.
Trucks arrived with the blocks from shortly after 4am this morning and forklifts moved them into place.
Crowds of protesters, yelling ‘hold the line’ and ‘keep it peaceful’, faced off against lines of officers on the other side of the barriers.
The police presence has since reduced considerably.
Police have described it as a ‘traffic management operation’.
Commuters are advised to expect road closures only around the vicinity of Parliament, and to consider alternative travel routes.
Police say they will provide an update later this morning.
Police draw back from standoff
Police have drawn back from a standoff with protesters at Lambton Quay in Wellington.
Earlier this morning concrete blocks were installed at several streets around Parliament.
Police drew back a short time after the blocks were installed at Lambton Quay, moving back to the back entrance of Parliament.
Protesters followed Police as they walked back up Bowen Street, and some have remained at the blocked off entrance on Museum Street.
On Aitken Street earlier a lineup of police and protesters faced off across blocks.
Protesters were yelling hold the line, and keep it peaceful.
Chantelle Baker’s response, for those who didn’t see it . . . .
Clearing things up: No one ‘negotiated’ what the police did this morning. The police told Dad what that were going to do and Dad went and told the leadership (they asked him to help communicate with the police).
Leighton Baker keeps apologising for not going and telling everyone however my view is that the leadership should have done that and announced it on stage and to all the groups officially so it’s not just him putting his neck out.
The police did tell the leadership and the leadership did not communicate it well to the people. I didn’t know it was happening as you guys heard in my live as I was ringing dad asking if he had any idea what it was all about.
People hassling him is so sad to watch as he only came up here to support me after I was so upset on Thursday after seeing the brutality. He was then roped into helping the leadership because he is such a calm and level person.
The reality is where were the leaders this morning? Dad jumped out of bed and raced down here with Mum and my sister to help inform people and calm them down.
He’s a legend. I back him 1000%
🚨PRIORITY UPDATE – URGENT:
Early this morning the Police started to implement a traffic management plan to stop vehicles from entering the Protest Site – if you drive your vehicle out of the protest site you will not be able to get back in. 🚗
Given our stated and demonstrated peaceful nature this is purely to control traffic in line with their removal of illegally parked cars.
The police ARE NOT coming onto the site, it is not a raid, rather they are creating a one way traffic flow. ➡️➡️➡️
We have been advised that they WILL NOT restrict the movement of our food and support vehicles such as toilet cleaning, food trucks and emergency vehicles. 🚚🚛🛻
We continue to peacefully protest as we have been for the past 14 days.
Police have for many days been talking about implementing a traffic management plan, but the way this action was carried out in the early hours was disappointing and counterproductive to maintaining positive relationships
Feb. 21, 2022: ProFest
7:39AM: Quite early in the morning around 3:30AM, police starting moving in in large numbers and began installing concrete blocks around the protesters. Chantelle reports they were attempting to block every single road. It seems like they are trying to stop more protesters from joining, but this may also stop them from leaving and getting supplies.
Chantelle talked to a Police officer, he said one road will be an exit road, so not all will be blocked off.
Meanwhile, in the background we hear the hari krishna’s playing their music in support, similar to what they did on hold the line day..
Chantelle has some footage and a timeline of events which I’ve embedded below.
Today marks the 14th day of the protest. In some of the footage from Chantelle above, the police scrum the protesters, attempting to push them all back so the concrete blocks can be installed.
“It appeared police have blocked off all entrances to the protest at Parliament grounds. Concrete blocks have been installed at Lambton Quay at Bowen St and the entrance of Wellington Railway Station bus terminus and on Bunny, Hill, Aitken, Mulgrave and Molesworth streets and Kate Sheppard Place. – Report from Bill Hickman” ~ Stuff.
The locations of the barriers are:
• Hill Street
• Rear end of Parliament on Ballantrae Place
• Molesworth Street near Pipitea Street
• Murphy Street / Aitken Street
• Kate Sheppard Place
• Bunny Street near the railway station
• Corner of Whitmore Street and Lambton Quay, at the bottom of Bowen Street
• Lambton Quay / Mulgrave St
Here’s the official statement from NZ police.
Stuff report, “former New Conservative Party leader Leighton Baker, who has been involved in the protest action, said in a live-streamed statement on social media on Monday morning police barricades would allow people, food and toilet trucks to enter the site, and vehicles would be allowed to leave…”It’s just cars can’t come in.””
Media Statement From Combined Protest Groups in Parliament Grounds
Convoy 2022 NZ
New Zealand Doctors Speaking Out with Science
Outdoors & Freedom Movement
The Freedom and Rights Coalition
Voices for Freedom.
The combined groups representing a majority of those present in Parliament Grounds released a statement today saying they feel for the Police and their invidious position.
“The Police’s public messaging over the past few days could not be more clear. Other than some inconveniences the protest has caused, Police have confirmed protestors are not doing anything to warrant the use of force. They have also acknowledged that the protest is largely peaceful and that measures such as seizing vehicles run a high risk of people getting hurt.
“We are working with the Police in a mutually cooperative manner to ensure everyone’s safety and right to peaceful protest. This was particularly important over the past two days as numbers attending Parliament Grounds protest naturally swell over the weekend.
“It is vital that we maintain a respectful and open dialogue with the Police as we are all in unchartered territories. At all costs, we must avoid the situation at Parliament Grounds last week, which saw 122 people arrested and many more hurt.
“Despite formally requesting a meeting over a week ago, and then us putting forward a highly skilled mediator five days ago, the Government still refuses to engage with us.”
Labour and the Greens aren’t the only targets of the protestors’ frustration.
“Despite the protesters having the sympathy of other members of parliament, it is astounding that not one MP has yet found the courage to speak out publicly and fulfil their duties to the New Zealanders they are elected to represent.
“Friday’s Horizon poll exclusively sought by Stuff revealing that 30 per cent of New Zealanders support the protestors should have been a wake-up call to the National Party in particular. That amounts to more than 1.2 million of the voting public (or 1 in 3). We have always known the whole ‘team of 5 million’ was purely PR spin, and this poll proved that once and for all.
“Luxon’s strong support for mandates, and unnecessary vaccination of healthy children, will be remembered at the next election. As far as the million-plus voters that we now know support the protestors are concerned, he has blood on his hands as much as Ardern for our nation’s current situation.
“At this point, it is hard to find a New Zealander unaffected by the mandates. Most of us know someone who’s lost their job or business. We see friends and family affected by declining mental health and even suicide. After being banned from playing sports, kids are in tears and miss everyday activities with friends. The mandates have touched everyone, and every person driven to stand at Parliament Grounds is there because their wide-scale worsening misery still goes unheard.
“In any normal situation like this, the Opposition would read the room and pivot. But by joining the cross-party agreement to not engage with the protestors, they have shown themselves to be gutless and incapable of representing the interests and concerns of the New Zealand public.
“In line with the government’s request, over the past few days, we have removed the cars blocking Molesworth Street at least three times to facilitate access for emergency services and servicing of portaloos, only to have protesters ignore the request and expand back into the laneway.
“Everyone arriving here quickly learns the protest is simply a collection of individuals. There is no leader, and while there are multiple pre-existing groups concerned about mandates and vaccines alike, we suspect that 25% of the people present on site do not identify with any group.
“We remain concerned that parliament’s cross-party ultimatum to ‘clear all the streets, or we won’t engage with you’ was a deliberate deflection tactic. Even the Police acknowledge the outcome will be impossible to achieve.
So, where does this leave the protest? We’re increasingly of the view that the government has childishly dug itself a hole and isn’t prepared to lose face to climb out of it. Despite knowing the outcome is impossible to achieve, the ultimatum over vehicle parking is not dissimilar to a top-down command issued by a parent to a child. The puerile behaviour exhibited by Mallard last week was such that, had the protestors been animals, he would have been charged with cruelty. It was enough to draw support for the protesters from the large Groundswell farmers’ group, which had previously been no fan of vaccine protests.
“Despite initial worries about chaos from thousands of people converging on Parliament Grounds this weekend, at time of writing, the protest has been largely peaceful. But it could also have gone the other way altogether. Unacceptably, the government was happy to take that risk, disregarding public safety obligations. Many protestors naturally remain outraged over the serious questions about the legality of the mass arrests last week. The mood of many highly disaffected protestors would improve dramatically were the Police to agree to drop all charges.
“We’ve provided a highly qualified, experienced, neutral party to mediate. It is unprecedented for the government to refuse to meet with such a large protest group and treat them with such contempt. Their failure is highlighted further by the fact the government in the past has met with gangs.
“During the past week, there has been cooperation between various group representatives to establish systems and processes involving security, food, messaging, the Police and media liaison.
“We are naturally concerned about the impact on Wellington residents. However, we urge them to consider the tens of thousands of New Zealanders affected by the mandates.
“We repeat: Most of us know someone who’s lost their job or business. We see friends and family affected by declining mental health and even suicide. After being banned from playing sports, kids are in tears and miss everyday activities with friends. The mandates have touched everyone, and every person driven to stand at Parliament Grounds is there because their misery still goes unheard.
“We remain committed to speaking with senior government members to open dialogue about the COVID-19 Public Health Response Act and lifting of all mandates so that people can return to work and society.
Mandates are ineffective, unnecessary, and an unacceptable curtailment of fundamental human rights. Freedom of expression, freedom of peaceful assembly, freedom of right of movement, freedom from unlawful discrimination, and freedom to manifestation of belief name only a few of the rights currently breached.”
This communication summarises the agreed position of groups representing the majority people at Parliament:
Convoy 2022 NZ
New Zealand Doctors Speaking Out with Science
Outdoors & Freedom Movement
The Freedom and Rights Coalition
Voices for Freedom.
In a world first Counterspinmedia.com in New Zealand is broadcasting live from major demonstrations around the country, contrasting what the Prime Minister and the mainstream media say (lie about) with what is really happening.
Every Kiwi should see this. View – LIVE stream coverage: www.counterspinmedia.com
Credit @Knightbeatnews on Bitchute