- Nineteen GOP senators on Friday toured the migrant holding facility at Donna, Texas on Friday
- They shared images from inside the shelter showing hellish crowded conditions with children packed in side by side
- ‘Pods’ designed to hold 80 children were crammed at nearly 10 times capacity, holding 709
- The Biden Administration has refused to allow press inside the facility to document the conditions
- Republican Sen. Mike Braun alleges that a Biden official told him to delete photos he took inside the shelter
- The Biden Administration rolled back tough Trump-era immigration policies, sparking a surge of people crossing the border
- Last month, more than 100,000 migrants were apprehended; there are inadequate resources and infrastructure to cope with the surge
28 March, 2021
Republican senators say a Biden official urged them to delete photos they took of an overcrowded migrant facility they toured at the southern border on Friday.
Sen. Ted Cruz and 18 of his GOP colleagues inspected a shelter in Donna, Texas, which is at more than 700 percent capacity amid a surge of illegal crossings into the United States.
Indiana Sen. Mike Braun told The Washington Examiner that the direction came from a Biden aide who accompanied the group on the tour.
‘There was one of Biden’s representatives. I felt sorry for the lady because she actually talked to me about deleting a picture, but by the time she got to me, all those other pictures were taken, and that shows you the hypocrisy,’ Braun said Saturday.
He added that Border Patrol officials inside the shelter also urged the Republicans not to snap any images.
‘They were telling us that because they had to,’ Braun claimed.
Despite promising ‘transparency’, Biden officials have refused to let journalists into the overcrowded Donna facility – as criticism surrounding the border crisis continues to grow.
However, the Republicans refused to abide by the requests, instead sharing their images to social media.
‘None of us would have gone down there if we were going to be muzzled,’ Braun claimed.
Republican senators say Biden officials urged them to delete photos they took of an overcrowded migrant facility they toured at the southern border on Friday. Members of the group are seen in Texas on Friday
The Republicans refused to abide by the requests, instead sharing their images to social media.
Despite promising ‘transparency’, Biden officials have refused to let journalists into the overcrowded Donna facility – particularly as criticism surrounding the border crisis continues to grow
The senators said that ‘pods’ at Donna designed to hold 80 children are packed with more than 700
Ted Cruz tweeted photos from his tour of an overcrowded shelter for migrant teens in Donna, Texas; he toured the shelter with fellow Republican senators
Cruz posted another pic from his tour; he’s blasted the Biden administration for its border policy, saying it’s led to a surge in migrants