The ENTIRE country of Italy under lockdown

The ENTIRE country of Italy under lockdown

ITALY
QUARANTINES 

ENTIRE COUNTRY – 

TANKS ON THE STREETS ! !  

CORONAVIRUS


Hal Turner,

9 March,2020



The
Prime Minister of Italy has just gone on national television and
announced the government is extending the “Red Zone” for
coronavirus outbreak, to the ENTIRE COUNTRY of Italy. The ENTIRE
COUNTRY is now ordered under Lockdown. UPDATE: TANKS DEPLOYING ON
CITY STREETS ! ! !

This
is a developing story, check back for updates.

UPDATE
5:07 PM EDT —

The
Prime Minister has told the Italian people they should ALL stay home.
It is the only sure way to end the spread of the virus. If they do
not stop the virus immediately, the country’s health system will be
so overloaded it will collapse, then no one gets care. Staying home
will save lives.

Italian
Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said Monday he will sign a decree that
extends the lockdown of the Lombardy region to the entire country as
Italy’s COVID-19 death toll continues to rise.

Around
60 million people will now effectively be placed under quarantine by
the strict measures which had already been introduced in northern and
some central areas over the weekend.

People
throughout the country should not leave their homes other than for
work and emergencies, Conte said. He added that all public gatherings
will be banned and sporting events suspended. The decision was made
to protect the most vulnerable people in the country, he said, and
the measures will take effect Tuesday.

Stay
at home,” Conte told reporters.


Schools
and universities all over the country will remain closed until April
3, he said, but public transit will remain operational. All schools
in the country were previously closed until March 15.

Italian
officials previously announced a lockdown of the Lombardy region,
which is the hardest-hit part of the country by COVID-19. The drastic
expansion of the measures to encompass the entire country come after
nationwide COVID-19 deaths jumped by 97 to 463.

Italy
is the hardest-hit country in Europe by the virus, with a total of at
least 9,172 confirmed cases, according to Johns Hopkins University.

UPDATE
5:40 PM EDT —

Tanks
are deploying onto the streets of cities in Italy to enforce the
QUARANTINE! ! ! Video below:

A
day after northern Italy was put on lockdown over the COVID-19
coronavirus, PM Giuseppe Conte imposed quarantine on the entire
country, restricting movement and banning public gatherings.

The
unprecedented move was announced by Conte on Monday evening local
time, and came as Italy’s death toll from the coronavirus rose by
almost 100.

The
number of deaths jumped from 366 to 463 on Monday, while the total
number of cases grew from 7,375 to 9,172.

There
won’t be just a red zone,” Conte told reporters, referring to the
restrictions imposed on the country’s north over the weekend.
“There will be Italy.”

The
restrictions will take effect on Tuesday morning, Conte said. They
include a blanket ban on any public gatherings, sporting events, and
movement all over Italy.

Citizens
were advised to stay home unless they absolutely need to go to work
or due to an emergency. Despite the restrictions, public transport
will continue to function, the PM said.

Closures
of schools and universities across the country have been extended to
April 3.

Conte’s
decision has effectively extended the anti-coronavirus measures
implemented for the north of the country on Sunday. The north of
Italy – in particular the Lombardy region – is the hotbed of the
outbreak, and the majority of registered deaths from the virus
originate from this region.

Italy
is dealing with the worst coronavirus outbreak in Europe, which is on
par with the situations in Iran and South Korea – the two other
countries outside China affected the most by the epidemic.


https://www.rt.com/news/482688-italy-quarantine-all-country/

Italian prisoners RIOT over coronavirus safety measures (VIDEOS)

Italy,
which is battling the worst Covid-19 outbreak in Europe, has
experienced a series of prison riots in virus-plagued areas. The
unrest has been triggered by a move to suspend family visits over the
coronavirus threat.

There
have been a series of rebellions across the country,” Italy’s
prison administration head Francesco Basentini said on Monday.

The
government’s efforts to contain the virus, which has already killed
over 360 people across the nation, triggered riots at several prisons
in Italy. While staying inside might be not the worst way to avoid
the coronavirus, some prisoners, apparently, wanted to get in touch
with it in person.

Today,
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said lockdown measures to
contain the spread of the coronavirus would be extended across the
whole of the country.

New
Zealand man Jack Milner-George said the viral outbreak had affected
his group’s itinerary, and their planned two nights in Venice were
canned in favour of an extra night in Rome.

They
left the country by bus, driving straight through northern Italy
without stopping.

But
he said they were surprised there weren’t more stringent checks at
the border, or temperature tests.

“You
know, it could have been a bus full of people who were infected and
we’re not – everyone is fine but no-one knows. Literally anyone could
have gone through,” he said.

While
he wasn’t worried, Milner-George said he was glad to be out of Italy.

“I
just want to go back to New Zealand, I’m loving my trip but New
Zealand is just where I want to be at the moment.

“I’m
good, but there’s other people on the trip that might have been
freaking out a little bit and obviously people freaking out just
causes more panic.”

Now,
the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) has upgraded its
travel advice for Italy, advising against all non-essential travel.
MFAT also has ‘do not travel’ warnings in place for both China and
Iran.

Within
Italy, people are being told they should stay at home unless they had
solid reasons related to work, health or other special needs.
Commuting to work would still be allowed.

School
and university closures have been extended until 3 April. The
government also adopted a decree to stop all sporting activities,
including Serie A football matches, the prime minister said.

‘They
take their dogs but leave their au pairs behind’


Camilla
Strumia lives in Milan and told Checkpoint the severe measures were
necessary.

“Chemists
are open and only one person is allowed in at a time.

Supermarkets
are stocked with food and supplies but there’s hardly anybody going
to them and in general – around town and on the streets, there’s not
very many people.

“Pedestrians
stand at traffic lights at least a metre away from each other – the
energy’s not amazing and in general people are very to themselves and
suspicious of each other

But
she said not everyone was taking the outbreak seriously.

“You
know everybody was running away from Milan on Saturday to go to
southern Italy. I had an opportunity to get away from Lombardy and
join my family in Rome and I decided not to because I wanted to sit
at home and risk not having anyone to look after me because I could
make everyone sick. It’s about not being selfish.”

New
Plymouth teenager Emily Hutching-Gough is working as an Au Pair in
Rome – the 19 year old recently returned from a trip to Naples which
has spooked the family she’s working for.

“They’re
a bit worried that I might have caught something when I was over
there and so now for the next couple of weeks when I’m with the girl,
I have to wear a face mask, gloves. We’ve extended the table so I can
keep a metre distance and if I want something from the distance I
have to use gloves or ask and I have to use a different place for my
dry goods as well.”

Ms
Hutching-Gough said she was hopeful she will be able to stay in Italy
– but was bracing herself for a return home if things got worse.

“I
know people who actually have to leave anyway, because the families
have decided to run away to their holiday homes in the countryside
and wait for things to blow over, it’s kind of wild – the families
that flee take their dogs but leave their au pairs behind.”

‘It
really is Zombieland’

Australian
woman Rachel Beagley has lived in Bagno a Ripoli, a small town or
commune near Florence, for about 10 years.

She
owns a small shoe-making business, New Kid Footwear.

“Because
I’m technically not meant to leave my commune, I’m not actually meant
to leave Bagno a Ripoli, but I’m so close to Florence I should be
able to get away with that, so I can go to work if I need to – not
that we really have any customers – but I can still go there and do
office stuff.”

Beagley
said the new restrictions will make visiting factories around Tuscany
more difficult.

“I
will have to have paperwork in my car basically, declaring what I’m
doing and where I’m going and all the communes I need to go to.”

Beagley
said since the covid-19 outbreak, it’s been eerily quiet in Florence
– a popular tourist area.

“About
a month ago, it was packed with people, there were so many tourists
everywhere. Now there’s nobody, it’s so weird.

“It
is kind of like a horror movie, it really is Zombieland.”

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/411377/new-zealand-man-describes-leaving-italy-as-nation-goes-into-lockdown

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Wordpress Social Share Plugin powered by Ultimatelysocial
RSS