JUST IN – Time Magazine reports that Ukraine struggles to rally financial support after its failed counteroffensive and amid allegations of widespread corruption.
• A top Ukrainian presidential advisor warns that “people are stealing like there’s no tomorrow” when asked about bribes and corruption.
• 59% of Americans don’t want Congress to provide more weapons to Kyiv, up from 35% in June.
• The southeastern fifth of Ukraine, where the population is predominantly Russian speakers, remains under Russian control.
• Zelensky’s close advisor warns that “He deludes himself. We’re out of options. We’re not winning. But try telling him that.”
• Ukraine’s shortage of soldiers is more dire than its deficit in arms and ammunition. Draft officers pull men off trains and buses and send them to the front.
• The death toll has long surpassed 100,000 on each side of the war, forcing the draft of the elderly, raising the average age of a Ukrainian soldier to around 43 years. • Corruption remains widespread despite Zelensky firing numerous officers and the Defense Minister.
• Zelensky is worried that the focus of Ukraine’s allies in the U.S. and Europe and of the global media has already shifted to Israel, Palestine, and the Gaza Strip.
Why are Time Magazine and the corporate media starting to throw Ukraine and Zelensky under the bus?
Read the article here